Thursday, February 21, 2013

Chief Judge Timothy Evans - Cook County Probate Court

Back in 2011, wonderful things started happening down at the courthouse after I mailed my report on Devon Bank and what I consider to be legalized abuse and financial exploitation.  The probate court judiciary is amazing, I can't emphasize that enough.  (The Honorable Lynne Kawamoto is my personal favorite for restoring my faith in justice.  I also helped a woman win custody last March and Judge Kawamoto was the judge who ruled on the case.  She ruled fairly.)  The entire 18th floor changed more than a year ago and "it's my personal opinion" that the people suing me for defamation truly believe the judges were reading my blog.  They weren't.  Judges don't read blogs, they don't care what anyone writes online (until recently, it's causing quite a stir now that I'm being sued for it) and you never hear any politician creating new legislation or making any major changes because they "googled it."  If you want your world to change, blogging isn't going to cut it.  You've got to get up.

About a year ago, I heard that Judge Evans didn't like the financial exploitation occurring in probate court and was going to tackle the problem.  I haven't heard anything else about this other than he kept his word.  He did, indeed, tackle the problem.  The elder law attorney's are upset because they have to actually do some work in order to get paid now.  (What a pity.)  Needless to say, they are NOT thrilled with Judge Evans (which has me loving the man).  I'm also Chicago born and bred and very competitive.  I'm in a race with other states in getting this crime to stop and as far as I'm concerned, I'm winning but I give all credit to Devon Bank and Janna Dutton.  (You can also read my post on How to Win Guardianship.)

This is Chief Judge Evans Order:

General Order No. 26 - Petition for Fees and Costs for Court Appointed Attorney's

IT IS HEREBY ORDERED THAT:

1.  In cases pending any Department or Division of this court on or after the effective date of this order, all attorney fee petitions for court appointed attorneys including petitions to pay costs of expert witnesses, court reporters and other service providers, must be filed by the earlier of 60 (SIXTY) days after entry of the final order disposing of the case or 6 (SIX) months after the attorney performed the service or incurred the cost.

2.  In cases pending in this court on or before the effective date of this order, all fee petitions for services rendered and costs incurred more than 6 (SIX) months before the effective date of this order shall be filed and set for hearing November 30,2012.

This order supersedes all provisions governing the procedures for payments of the fees and costs of court appointed attorneys in previous orders of this Court, including orders of any Department or Division of this Court.

Dated 6th day of July, 2012.  This order shall be spread upon the records of this Court and published.

No comments:

Post a Comment