Sunday, November 28, 2010

Tom Olofsson

http://www.mytrustlawyer.com/


I got this website in an email. Have you read it?

My name is Tom Olofsson. I am a lawyer. I help families plan for the future.

That third sentence sort of grabs you, doesn’t it? He’s helping you plan for your future NOT your death. Isn’t that nicely worded? He even has a nice face. His whole website was a real page turner for me.

You know what I really like about this gentleman aside from the fact that his website is simple? (He simplifies it. He doesn’t dumb it down and let’s face it, we all need the law simplified.) He opens up talking about his family, your family and treats you like family. He doesn’t just say it like the rest of the attorney’s nor does he use the word “client” over and over. He SEES YOU as a person.

He also lets you know that if you’re having a legal problem beyond his scope, he can recommend you to someone else. That tells you three things about him. He’s really looking out for what’s in your best interests, he won’t take your case then have his friends climb aboard after (so they can all make a ‘little bit of money’) and he’s admitting that he doesn’t know everything about the law. So, you’re not just dealing with another attorney with a big fat ego. Gosh, if this gentleman is for real, he's like a dream come true.

Read the section he wrote on how to choose a trustee. I seriously doubt he’d recommend Devon Bank based on those guidelines (which are good ones).

Lastly, on his blog. He talks about NASGA. Stopguardianabuse.org. (He’s got two sites, it’s kind of confusing. http://www.trustlawyers.org/) Mr. Olofsson is the first attorney that I have seen that recognizes public guardianship and the fact that it’s a serious problem in our country.

In any event, when you write about a bank scam on the Internet and name names, people come out of the woodwork. Especially anonymous posters. I can tell you ALL the Elder Law Attorneys to stay away from and sadly, it’s most of those who practice in Cook County. As a matter of fact, the law firm that I get the most complaints about is the one Devon Bank associates itself with. There is one woman that I haven’t heard a kind word about and these comments are not only from her own clients but also from their family members and loved ones. (I don’t even know this attorney NOR have I written her name but I’m getting comments. That says a lot about her.) If Devon Bank’s attorney isn’t pro-family (or pro-beneficiary) then neither are they.  Think about it.

I can also tell you horror stories about public guardians, Guardian ad Litems, doctors, nurses, trustees, judges, caregivers, caregiving agencies, nursing homes, etc. I could list all the ones on the take but I’d get carpal tunnel.

I would seriously take Mr. Olofsson into consideration if you’re planning for your future. Just read his site and compare him to other attorney’s. This gentleman stands apart by making you, your family, your needs and wishes a priority. He truly looks like he's interested in taking care of YOU and not himself.  Isn’t that a refreshing change of pace?

He also makes house calls so you don’t even have to worry about leaving the comfort of your own home. Can you imagine? Needless to say, I haven’t heard anyone complain about him and probably won’t. I’m getting a sense of personal integrity in regard to this one which is really hard to come by in this business.

4 comments:

  1. Wow.

    I am humbled by your kind words.

    Members of my extended family have been pushed around by the system and my goal is to help my "client families" from falling victim of the same problems.

    I really appreciate your comments and will strive to live up to your expectations.

    Thanks,

    tom olofsson
    http://MyTrustLawyer.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not often that we read positive remarks about a lawyer. Thank you for the information.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, is right. I'm even more impressed with him now by his comment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW, is right Tom!! We will see how long positive remarks will be said! WOW!

    ReplyDelete