Monday, June 13, 2011

OHare Airport to Ronald Reagan

I have to tell you about this wonderful city of ours. First of all, I was a little wired for sound because this cab driver offered to give me a lift to the airport for half price, just a couple of dollars more than public transportation. I took the ride, of course. He also gave me one of those five hour energy drinks. OMG! My head was banging off the walls at the airport. Anyway, inside the airport, this nice gentleman pulled me out of line and asked me to step aside. A TSA agent took (what looked like a band aid) and swabbed the palms of my hands and I asked her, “What are you checking for?” She said, ‘Explosives ma’am.” She took the strip and ran it through a machine and told me that I passed and could continue on my journey. I thanked her for being so thorough. You never know……

Then, I met a very nice couple from Cleveland, OH. He said that everyone was looking and staring at me, later I looked down and noticed the top button of my blouse was undone and figured that must have been what got me that cheap cab price. I get to the security point and hand another nice gentleman my ticket and driver’s license and he says, ‘Ma’am, I want to thank you so much for keeping me and my family safe.’ HUH?! I have had the safe driver renewal for the past 12 years and a very old license because of it. I don’t get tickets and he thanked me. I thought it nice he noticed.

Then, I get to the x-ray and they pull me out of line again. They want to do a full body x-ray. I was joking with the TSA agent, telling her that everyone and their brother is going to know I wear and under wire bra. So, I had to stand there with my arms over my head while they took a snap shot. Then, I walk out of the box and I see another TSA agent frisking a man in front of me. He got let go and that’s when it was my turn. I put my feet inside the two marked boxes, held my arms straight out, gave the guy a wink and said, “Feel free.” He blushed and said, ‘I can’t do that ma’am.’ I told him that he was an awfully nice looking man and I’m giving him full permission, what’s the problem? He was blushing so hard… the woman frisked me, just my head because I was wearing my sunglasses and the metal part set off the x-ray. I think the male TSA Agent should have checked to make sure it was an underwire bra and not something a little more dangerous ;)

Now, I’m just across the river from my legislators :)  And I'm starving!

No comments:

Post a Comment